Wednesday, March 17, 2021

My Top Five Sources of News and Information

Blog Post #1

Top 5 News Sources 

The news is an important source within society to inform the public about events around them and how they may affect them. News sources can also be used for entertainment purposes, and for a social gathering space too. In this post, I am going to be sharing my Top 5 news sources and why.


1. WGHP Fox 8 
Fox has always been the news channel that I grew up watching with my family. Here in the Piedmont Triad "Fox 8" is the channel that we recieve. I don't typically watch a lot of news, but when I want information about what is going on around me, this is what I usually watch.  https://myfox8.com/

2. ESPN 

Being a Sports Media major and a sports fanatic, ESPN is my go-to source of news for sports. I am pretty sure I keep my TV on ESPN just about all day. ESPN covers NFL, MLB, NBA, College Football, NCAA sports, and more. ESPN provides "up-to-the-minute" sports news coverage, statistics, scores, highlights, and commentary. They have very interesting segments and shows that are hosted and anchored by some of my favorite broadcasters and reporters. ESPN

3. Instagram 

Instagram is my favorite social media site and the one I use the most. Instagram is a fun way to capture and share images and videos with friends and family. Instagram is also a quick way to find out information. Many news, sports, and entertainment sources have Instagram pages where they post the latest news and information. Instagram

4. Apple News 

Apple News is a mobile app that was developed by Apple, Inc., for Apple products. It is an easy way to stay up to date with news and information since it is right there on my phone. Apple News usually sends out notifications, and if I am interested in the topic, I can click on the link and it will take me directly to the article.  Apple News

5. YouTube 
I watch YouTube all the time and I noticed that they have a news category, and sometimes they have ads with the latest news. I like how these sources of news are in video form because I am a visual learner, so I like to see pictures and videos to learn new things. Having the option to watch a video gives me a better understanding and it helps me pay attention better.  



No comments:

Post a Comment